Since 2013, we have been investing in technology companies and implementing breakthrough projects in traditional sectors of the economy such as IT, energy and construction. We are not only a venture investor, but an interested partner contributing to the effective development of the business of our portfolio companies. We manage the KF-1 fund (the company's own asset). Since 2018, following the results of an open competitive selection organized by RVC, our team received the right to manage the NTI Venture Fund.
About Kama Flow
Involved partner in the development of technology business
We dive deeply into each project to improve individual business processes, as well as determine the best long-term strategy and scale its activities
What projects do we invest in
We are looking for hard projects that have a strong scientific background and a focus on b2b, clients that are large industrial companies. Invest in the beginning, from late seed to round B, at different stages of development. The ideal option is when the company already has confirmed cases or customers, applications for testing and a pilot implementation of the product. When selecting projects, we pay attention to three key factors:
- Team. It is important that at the time of our entry, the keywords of the technical and business competence in the team are closed.
- Product / Technology. We focus on the technological advantage of the project, including in comparison with companies. It is in the scientific and engineering base that we see the unrealized potential for the global competitiveness of Russian projects.
- Market. Everything is standard here: for any venture project, sufficient market capacity is important to build a promising story.
The investment process
In practice, it can take 2-3 months from the first contact to signing the term sheet. The timing is highly dependent on the availability of quality materials for the project: financial model, legal structure, presentations, etc. Here are the main stages of the project review procedure:
- STEP 1. Initial analysis of the project for compliance with the criteria and focus of the fund (technology, stage).
- STEP 2. Substantive discussion of the project with representatives of the technology company based on the results of the analysis. In practice, there are several iterations of the exchange of materials (presentations, detailed analysis of technology and product, investment activity of the segment, business model, etc.).
- STEP 3. Receiving feedback from scientific and industrial experts of the foundation. This is a very important stage in which we collect feedback from our scientific and industrial partners. Often we negotiate for pilots, including to check the performance of the technology and product.
- STEP 4. Investment Committee, where the term sheet is approved and Due Diligence begins.
- STEP 5. Detailed project expertise and Due Diligence (with the involvement of external consultants).
- STEP 6. Second Investment Committee - a decision is made on investment and approval of the binding documents.
- STEP 7. Legal registration of the transaction.
What makes us different
We are not only talking about smart money. Our team is actively involved in piloting and selling the projects under consideration even at the pre-investment stage. In addition to financing, we provide companies with our expertise and networking. When preparing materials, we take care of legal issues, if necessary, we help with the development of a financial model. A separate important area is the organization of cooperation of projects with industrial partners. We work with more than 20 large Russian companies. Among the cases, we can mention the pilot implementation of several projects in the digital healthcare segment initiated by us in the last organizations, as well as piloting a project in the field of computer vision with a large metallurgical company.